Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Blog post #3 on Nakkula and Toshalis

10 vocabulary words I do not know:
  1. Cordial 
  2. Maligned
  3. Indebted
  4. Lackluster
  5. Integral
  6. Construe
  7. Pathologized
  8. Parameters
  9. Litany
  10. Interpersonal

Image result for family

Ten People who have coauthored me:

My life story consists of these very people that I have listed. Some have supported me while I was in school, specifically towards my academics, some have taken care of me since birth, and some have just impacted my life positively.

Jesus Christ
When I became a Christian, everything changed for the better. I started to embrace the leader that I was born to be, I stopped following the wrong crowd, and I have a better heart for people. God has helped me get through many tough times in my life, and I can truly say that he is a friend of mine.

Mom
She has been this role-model to me for the longest. She shows me what it means to be a strong woman, and to pursue your dreams first before pursuing other things that can wait. She picks me up when I'm down, wipes my tears, makes me laugh, changed my diapers (LOL), but most importantly...she is a mother to me.

Dad
My dad is one of the best fathers in the entire world. He's such a great listener, and always makes me feel like if I need help, that he is always gonna be there. My dad has just shown me in life, that no matter how bad your day may be, it is still a blessed day. My dad goes through a lot at work, and for him to say that, it has reminded me to be grateful for every day that I am living.

Sister
My sister is the other part of me. If she was never born, my life would be boring. When I am hurting, she hurts, when I don't want anything to do with people, she doesn't leave my side. I love my sister, and she always gives me good advice, and reminds me that I can do anything that I put my mind to.

Grandma (Dad's mom)
My grandma is very special to me. She makes me feel loved, even though I know am, and I hope to pass on the love, warmth, and kindness that she shows me. She is part of the reason as to why I am the kind of person to reach out to others wholeheartedly and to check on them, and see how they are doing.

Dominque (best friend)
Although we aren't in contact anymore, I do miss her. She has taught me that having your friend's back is what makes a friendship stronger.

Pastor (Papa)
My pastor teaches me about leadership. He has taught me to speak up for what I know is right, and to be bold when needed. He is like a grandfather to me also, because he was their for me and my family when my mom was in the hospital. He treats us like family :) My pastor is always there when I need wisdom for my leadership position on campus. Everything that I am learning from him, it makes me grow maturely in my faith.

Uncle Ricky
My Uncle Ricky, too, has encouraged me in my walk of faith, Before he passed away, he was the kind of guy that always cheered you up. It was his love and kindness that reminds me to be like he was...loving and kind to others.

Sis. Mary
This woman is like an auntie to me. She is charitable to others, even if she is short on things herself. I learn from her to help others joyfully, to give with joy, and help others.

Ms. Rush (my 5th grade teacher)
My teacher was very comforting. Just like my mom, I felt I could run to her when I was sad. I just hope to be the same way for someone else.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee Lee,
    Thank so much for sharing your story about your relationship with all of these amazing people! It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful people in your life that you are close to. I'm glad that you have these supportive people around you. It helps you to be such a warm and supportive person.
    Take care,
    Madelin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee Lee,

    I really enjoyed reading more about each your coauthors. It truly is amazing to have so many supporters in your life that help guide you along the way. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete