Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Blog #5

In 1-2 paragraphs, discuss what you learned about yourself from the Ideology Inventory.  Where do your values lie when it comes to Youth Work?



-After doing this ideology horoscope, I have learned that I lean more towards Positive Youth Development. When it comes to Positive Youth Development, the beliefs are based on External Assets involving support from family, adults, peers, etc., empowerment like safety and having a voice, and boundaries involving family, peers and school. You also have Internal Assets which involves commitment, positive attitudes, social competencies, and positive identity.

Image result for youth working together
Make a Difference!
-When it comes to my values involving youth work, I care a lot about making a positive impact on the youth. I find that it is very important to lead our youth into a brighter future, and you can't let them lead their own life completely. There is a saying that says "It takes a village to raise a child" and I honestly agree with it. A community, family, friends, acquaintances and so many other people all play an active role in shaping the life of the individual. As for me and my destined to be career, I hope to be the one who has positively helped to change a life!

Image result for change a life


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I like how you brought up the quote about "It takes a village to raise a child". It isn't easy, it is a big responsibility on an individual. I feel that I can relate to how your values are when it comes to youth work. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete